Thursday, 26 September 2013

Baileys Ganache Buttercream



This buttercream is amazing. Silky, smooth, chocolatey, and, best of all, full of Baileys! Wonderful stuff.
This recipe came about when I had lots of leftover Baileys ganache from the chocolate Baileys 'thank you' cake, and didn't want it to go to waste. So, as usual, I threw it in the kitchen aid and started chucking things in with it. First I added just icing sugar, but this wasn't giving me the smooth buttercream texture I wanted, it was yielding a more royal icing consistency. So then I added butter. What emerged from my whirring cauldron was a light and fluffy, yet intensely rich chocolatey, Baileys-y delicious mousse like icing, that piped beautifully.

Make this. Enjoy. Thank me later.





Baileys Ganache Buttercream

Left over Baileys ganche, cooled, but still runny (leave it to cool too long and it will set hard)
Butter, slightly softened
Icing sugar

1. Mix ganache with a mixer until smooth and aerated. Add icing sugar gradually, beating constantly until a thick paste forms. Gradually add butter in small chunks and whip in until everything is mixed well and you get a pipeable buttercream texture.


Keep any left overs in a sealed container or bag in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment